July 3, 2008

My Little Acrobat

Well, it's happened again... Ciaran flipped back to head-down!  We're very relieved, and pleased with the apparent acrobatic ability of our son. Today during the ultrasound he grabbed his foot, as if to show it off to the camera -- very cute. And we got good head shots for the first time too!  

According to the measurements (which are notoriously off, but still...) he is 6 pounds 12 ounces and is measuring a week ahead. If he makes it to term, we're looking at a solid 8-9 pound kid. Yikes.  And, being that there is no dilation as of yet, it looks like making it to term is a decent bet!

In other good, but completely unrelated, news: we got our first fresh-from-the-farm produce delivery today! Tons of strawberries, a pint each of bing cherries and blackberries, some pickling cucumbers, and a bunch of zucchini and summer squash... yum.  If you see me in the next two days, my hands and all around my face will likely be stained a beautiful, bright red.

1 comment:

sap said...

Woohoo! What great news!

And I am totally with you on the baskets- sounds like we got identical ones this week, and I'm already searching for tasty things to do with all that lovely stuff. I'm thinking refrigerator pickles and strawberry-yogurt popsicles to start...