June 25, 2008

A Wrench in the Works

Another week, another appointment with the doctor. This time the news wasn't so good: Ciaran went transverse -- his feet are down, and his butt and head are horizontal (and pretty high) in my belly. At least his latest position explains why I've been more uncomfortable the past few days. So there is a chance that he'll go back head-down, but there's also a chance he won't. So we're back to the uncertainty of what kind of delivery we'll have.

I have to admit, I got my hopes up that we could have a normal delivery -- we were getting well-versed on pain management techniques and childbirth options. Now I don't know what to do -- except wait. We have another scan in a week or so, and we'll know more then.

The good news: he looks very healthy and well, and that is, of course, the most important thing!

2 comments:

grimsaburger said...

Maybe he's just taking a break from the headstand practice, and he'll flip back down when it's time to do the real thing. Yes, I think that must be it.

sap said...

Certainly he is just practicing what will be some major tumbling talent, and your doctor happened to catch him mid-roll. I'm sure he'll feel the urge to start practicing headstands again soon. Fingers crossed!