June 13, 2008

The Woes of Nursery Furniture

I was so hoping for a finished nursery this week. We have everything we need -- diapers, clothes, toys, books, even furniture. No -- scratch that last one. Yesterday I opened the box and took out the crib components, only to find that two of the pieces were damaged. It took the wind out of my sails, and I left the nursery alone. Today SO'B and I boldly opened the changing table box. This time there were three damaged parts. 

So, we're waiting for new pieces to arrive for the crib (end of next week) and for a whole new changing table -- which is out of stock.  It "should" come in by the end of next week, and there are no extra charges, but the nursery remains in chaos for another week... at least. Do you know what that does to a nesting mom-to-be??? 

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so sorry! I can only imagine I will be feeling the same way soon. Damn furniture. Where did you get it?

Zee said...

I got the crib from CSN Baby (incidentally, they have great deals on all sorts of baby stuff!) and the changing table from Baby Center. Both customer service folks were great -- no-questions-asked, no-cost returns; it's just a bummer. Putting nesting in neutral isn't very easy!