July 25, 2008

Still No Kid

You'll notice the widget to your right says "5 days."  Well, at our last appointment the doctor made me feel like I'm actually going backwards!  Still 50% effaced, but the kid apparently isn't yet "engaged" in my pelvis. And there's nothing else going on that might indicate impending birth. He's just happy as a clam in there. A friend whose due date was 1 day before mine already has her precious little girl, and I am nothing short of insanely envious.  My sister tells me that she had no signs of impending delivery until she went into labor. A friend was dilated to 1 cm for 3 weeks. Yet another friend's delivery seemed far-off until her water suddenly broke. 

All I can say is that these last weeks feel ETERNAL. Any suggestions how to coax this kid out???

5 comments:

Mike D. said...

Lenore, I'm not a doctor, but my initials are "M.D." so you can take this to the bank:

Get Sean to bake some cookies.

In my experience as a teacher I have found that kids love cookies.

And, if it doesn't work, the only side effect is you have fresh-baked cookies just lying around.

KCB said...

Sex is supposed to work wonders, and even if it doesn't get labor started, hey...

Amy said...

In our childbirth class the instructor suggested: sex, walking and some belly-dancing moves. There's a restaurant in LA that claims to have a salad that induces labor (supposedly it's something in their balsamic dressing). You should probably fly out here and have one.

Mary said...

I can't help you there, but I did have a dream that you were ironing and then your water broke. Do you have any ironing to do?

My sister's water broke when she was reaching for a piece of cake. Maybe Sean should make you a cake too.

el ranchero said...

I'll vouch for the cookies advice, but I hear it only works if you leave the cookies at my house.