March 12, 2008

Travels, Part 1: Tacoma

Over Barmecide's birthday weekend, we went to visit his brother and sister-in-law in Tacoma. It was so much fun to be able to see where they live and work, meet some of their friends, and (for me) finally eat something besides a burrito for dinner! Here are just a few of my favorite shots -- one is Mount Rainier, the other of rocks along the beach. (Unfortunately, as usual, my picture-taking was limited because I kept forgetting I had a camera in my bag.)



We also went to Pike Street Market, where Barmecide at his fair share of seafood...


















and we went to a fantastic local Seattle bookstore, where I set to looking for the perfect baby name (no decisions yet!) and buying a Will Shortz Word Game Calendar. I truly am a geek.

We watched the Oscars (my favorite song won Best Original Song!) with some of their friends, ate a lot, saw a movie, ate a lot, chatted about politics (Obama supporters! Yay!), and ate a lot. A great long weekend!

Thanks, K & M, for all the fun.

No comments: