March 25, 2008

Hyperbole is of the Nature of Prevarication, Mrs. Clinton.

Here's what Hillary said about a trip to Bosnia during her tenure as First Lady:
I certainly do remember that trip to Bosnia... I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base.
And this is what really happened:
CBS News showed footage of her walking calmly across the tarmac with her daughter, Chelsea, and being greeted by dignitaries and a child.
...
Maj. Gen. William Nash, who has since retired but was then the commander of United States troops in Bosnia and was at the Tuzla airport that day, said in an interview that there was no threat of sniper fire at the airport during Mrs. Clinton's visit... "She never had her head down... There was no sniper fire that I know of."
Ah, Mrs. Clinton, the situation in Bosnia was horrific enough; exaggerating your experience to the point of a downright lie is insulting to the true victims of that vicious conflict.

Oh -- and this is just one more reason why Hillary is most definitely not who I want to answer that middle-of-the-night phone call.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Flores Online, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://flores-on-line.blogspot.com. A hug.