May 2, 2008

Possession

Painting and hardware and tools, oh my!

We got possession of our house last night, and went over straight-away to take a look around. The sellers were great -- leaving us clearly labeled paint cans, little house tips, and even their new phone number, should we have any questions. We're not moving in just yet -- first comes the Big Trip To Lowe's, then the Grand Paint-Off on Sunday -- thanks to Grimsaburger & Spouse, El Ranchero & Sap, and friends J & M for their help! In addition to the paint (non-toxic, low-VOC, and prego-friendly!), we'll be stripping wallpaper, pulling up carpet, tearing off fake-wood panelling, sealing floors,  hanging blinds, getting new countertops, hanging new hardware, installing a bathroom fan and a new stove hood, spot-tarring the roof, caulking the bathtub, replacing the shower head, moving the downspouts around, upgrading the electricity, and, if all goes well, finishing the basement. All by the end of May. No, really -- it'll happen. I think.  

Being a homeowner sure is busy!

(Pics coming soon...)


4 comments:

grimsaburger said...

I think you should wait to thank us after we've wreaked havoc on paintable surfaces. I mean, I've been honing my skills for months now, but those other amateurs may need some supervision. Hee hee.

One thing at a time, and it'll all get done! (says the woman with multiple half-finished improvement projects around the house)

Zee said...

if there's color on the walls, good food eaten and a couple of beer consumed (by ya'll, of course, while I nurse my cranberry juice), I'll be grateful.

KCB said...

Congratulations! I remember when Hombre and I bought our first house and a co-worker sagely told me "when you have a house you don't need a hobby." He was right.

Enjoy!

Amy said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting. Please post photos soon!