May 7, 2008

28 Weeks

This is what 12-weeks-to-go looks like...

As for what it feels like, well, let's just say that I feel larger than I look. My lungs and stomach are getting squished from below, and my bladder is getting squished from above.

But I'm sure glad that this gets to last a little longer. I had a little scare this morning -- The Kid had been really quiet for a day or so, and my heart was racing at 130 b/m for about an hour. I called the doctor and they fit me in to the schedule. Of course, by the time I got there, my heart rate was normal again, and in the waiting room The Kid was doing the jive in my belly. They hooked me up to a fetal heart monitor just in case, and his little heart was beating strong as ever, which was great to hear.

As for the heart racing thing, that's a bit more complicated. I'm going to try having more protein for breakfast (hello, boca sausage) and have a snack an hour or so after I eat. My body is apparently a little too good at getting my blood sugar down after eating breakfast, according to my glucose test. That should do the trick. But if it doesn't, we can either pursue an EKG and think about meds, or chalk it up to a pregnancy symptom (which it very likely is) and let it be.

Either way, we're both okay! Yay for 28 weeks!

2 comments:

grimsaburger said...

Yay for 28 weeks!

Isn't it always the way, your symptoms go away the second you get to the waiting room. Except for that one time that I got so nervous about talking to my doctor for the first time about depression that my blood pressure (usually 110/60 or 70) went all the way up to 150 over something.

You're on the home stretch now, lady. Just keep everything clenched and your legs crossed. How's that for sound medical advice?

Amy said...

You look fabulous! I hope I look that good in seven weeks.