April 9, 2008

Preparations


I'm 24 weeks pregnant today, and I'm pleased to say that everything is going really well! The kid is regularly practicing his Tae Bo in my belly, all the tests have come out just fine, and I'm feeling great.

Whenever I see this oh-so-cute little hat (Thanks, Mimi!) I think about what our son (our son!) will be like. Will he have a big smile and quick wit like his daddy? Will he easily surpass his mommy in musical talent? I have so many questions and worries, hopes and dreams. And I realize with a (joyful) start that I get to keep on hoping and dreaming along with this kid for the rest of our lives! What a blessing, and what a responsibility, to be chosen to watch over him as he grows.

Most of all, when I look at this little hat, I can't wait to meet the little guy and see him in it! It was knit by his grandma with so much care and love. And I know that more than anything else, this kid will be loved deeply and unconditionally. Indeed, he already is!

2 comments:

KCB said...

That is hands-down the cutest baby hat I've ever seen. I'll bet you can't wait to put it on your little guy in a few months!

Amy said...

My mom knit me the same one for our little one, too - those McCloskey women are the sweetest.