July 20, 2007

SiCKO

I believe my friend, Grimsaburger, put it quite well when she says, "you must, Must, MUST see this movie."




It is devastating, interesting, important, and educational. It is done in Michael Moore's classic style - without the in-your-face confrontation of those he is (rightfully) attacking.




Go here to watch the trailer for a sneak peak. Then go see the movie, and let Che Guevara's daughter (a pediatrician in Cuba) ask you why her country can afford full health care for everyone, and ours - one of the riches in the world - doesn't even try. Take a tour, Moore-style, of British and French hospitals, and marvel as people stare blankly or just start laughing when he asks how much they are paying for their stay.




I hope you get mad, and I hope you do something - vote, perhaps, for a candidate that advocates for universal health care. If you'd prefer, this one thinks it's a good idea, too.




I want to love my country, I promise; but films like this one make it hard. Not to mention that endless war. But that's for another time.

1 comment:

el ranchero said...

Back to it, lazy bloggers!