July 10, 2007

Almost there!

The tomatoes are truly out of control -- in the best possible. way. I have at least 25 Roma Grapes on the vine, 2 of which are turning a beautiful and promising orange color. The Better Boys are coming along, almost catching up to their neighbors, the Mr. Stripeys. Each have about 10 on the vine, some just about ready to ripen.




On the less successful side of the garden, I transplanted our herbs (all of which are exceedingly pathetic) out of the pots and into the ground. I hope that helps. Then I watered the heck out of them in hopes they'll finally "take." Maybe I'll just have to call them lost and try again next year.




A happier topic: Happy Birthday, Grimsaburger! I hope dinner at The Vine is all you hoped (and I'd go for the Asiago dip if I were you).

2 comments:

grimsaburger said...

Weeeeee!! Here's to my last year of being in my twenties!

I checked the tomatoes again this morning, and not even a hint of yellow. Maybe we should exchange tomatoes for herbs, because buddy are my herbs thriving.

Zee said...

If you wanted to bring over some sage, I wouldn't argue. I have a few pots available, and leftover potting soil to boot!