October 15, 2008

Conversations with Ciaran

Our conversations go something like this:
Me: "Hi, Ciaran"
Him: "Ah."
Me: "Oh, really?"
Him: "Ah-i."
Me: "What else?"
Him: "Ah-o."
Me: "You don't say..."
Him: "Ah. Ah-i."

It goes on like this, sometimes for minutes at a time. He's usually smiling the whole time, delighted to be communicating in such a sophisticated manner.

And--this is beyond cute--when I sing to him he sings too, ah-ing right along with me, occasionally even hitting a harmonic note.

They grow up so fast... before I know it he'll be in a garage band.

2 comments:

sap said...

Do I sense an impending mother-son act at open mic night? It is in his genes, after all.

Amy said...

That's awesome! And so funny - I was having a similar conversation with Scarlett today while my mom was on the phone. Aren't they the sweetest little sounds?