June 14, 2007

Of roofing and trucks in front yards

If I had my camera, I'd show you the interesting tarp job and makeshift garden-protecting ramp our non-professional roofers have crafted while they replace the roof on our front porch. It is truly a sight. Especially the 1960s era yellow rusty truck parked precariously on our sloped front lawn. At least we'll stop getting droopy, soggy issues of The Week.

Addendum: The garden-saving ramp thingie didn't work, and our cilantro and curly parsley look dangerously wilty. Now I have to go pick up all those pieces of paint/roofing materials that somehow made their way into our tomato section.

1 comment:

grimsaburger said...

I saw the construction yesterday as I (very slowly) ran by your house. It looked totally awesome, and calculated to provide nothing but enjoyment for y'all.